- Huge debt can be paid off over time with living wages without cutting the kids lunch. Whether we are talking about a family, a city, a state or a government, it can be done.
- The GOP has a nationwide campaign to attack unions, without which we all would be working for pennies. Why give more to those who already have a lion’s share?
- Does a family who is struggling to make ends meet give to those who have no needs? It doesn’t make sense.
- Germany is 90 percent union and exports more than China after it learned to negotiate with unions.
- President Eisenhower raised tax rates to 92 percent on his friends — the super-wealthy — because he and they knew the wealthy could get by quite easily on 8 percent of their incomes. The children and grandchildren of the time prospered until “trickle-down” economics came into vogue and taxes on the rich were reduced to 23 percent. But the rich were not satisfied, and they developed tax havens overseas and loopholes so they did not have to pay anything. The rich got richer and the poor got poorer.
- The GOP is taking from good programs and giving tax cuts to the wealthy to pay them back for their contributions to their campaigns. A lot of Democrats have been bought also. The GOP held the lame-duck Congress, the nation and President Obama hostage.
- The Bush taxes cuts did not increase jobs during the Bush years. The wealthy sit on the extra money, salt it away, and develop their businesses overseas instead of creating jobs here in the United States.
- The future of your kids and grandchildren is being destroyed. The oligarchy has the “inside job.” Where are our jobs? ...